The Pope Center is Hiring!
September 15, 2015
The Pope Center is hiring a full-time policy associate. A Policy Associate at the Pope Center is responsible for articulating the organization’s positions through writing, reporting, and research. This is a writing intensive position. The Policy Associate will report to the Director of Policy Analysis. The ideal candidate will have research and writing experience and an interest in promoting free-market higher education reforms.
- Write articles and blog posts on higher education topics
- Conduct research, analysis, and data collection on federal, state, and local higher education issues
- Update content on the Pope Center’s website
- 1-3 years’ experience in policy, government, or journalism
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Organized, creative, adaptable, and detail-oriented, with the discipline to work to deadlines
- Familiarity with Classical Liberal principles and the institutions that underlie economic prosperity and freedom of action and conscience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
About the Pope Center:
The John W. Pope Center for Higher Education Policy is a nonprofit institute dedicated to improving higher education in North Carolina and the nation. Our work focuses primarily on state and local solutions to higher education problems.
This full-time, exempt position includes: employer-funded health insurance and the opportunity to participate in the Pope Center’s Simple IRA retirement program.
Please submit resume, cover letter and desired salary to Jenna Robinson at email@example.com. Writing samples will be requested.